LetsEncrypt Root Cert (DST) has expired. Transmission needs an update to openssl libraries.

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
theirongiant

LetsEncrypt Root Cert (DST) has expired. Transmission needs an update to openssl libraries.

Post by theirongiant »

https://github.com/transmission/transmi ... ssues/1876

A root certificate used by LetsEncrypt has expired. Many torrent site operators rely on LetsEncrypt because it’s free and rotation is automated.

I opened this issue a few days ago and there’s a flurry of activity in this thread. Someone has found that the openssl libraries are 5-7 years old. The dev needs to update the app.

I’ve already emailed dev at transmission bt dot com, just trying to raise maximum awareness of this issue because a lot of users are totally dead in the water.

Deluge, meanwhile, is not affected by this expiration and happily used the new root cert.
parachuge

Re: LetsEncrypt Root Cert (DST) has expired. Transmission needs an update to openssl libraries.

Post by parachuge »

Is there an equivalent workaround for GTK+ users? I'm running linux light OS and having the issue with many trackers but no real idea what I'm doing or how to fix it.