[SOLVED] Symlinks as download dirs

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
vlas

[SOLVED] Symlinks as download dirs

Post by vlas »

Hello!
I have some weird problem with symlinks as download dirs.
I've decided to reorganize dirs structure on my RPi using symlinks to share it over my LAN in a smarter way. Now Transmission web-interface tells me "Error! No data found" for all the torrents. But all I've done is just to move dirs into another location replacing them with symlinks:

Code: Select all

vlas@pi41:~ $ ll /media/bu1/torr/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 vlas    debian-transmission   23 Oct 10 22:36  mov -> /media/bu1/smb/torr/mov/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 vlas    debian-transmission   23 Oct 10 22:36  muz -> /media/bu1/smb/torr/muz/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 vlas    debian-transmission   24 Oct 10 22:37  soft -> /media/bu1/smb/torr/soft/
drwxrwsr-x 2 smbuser debian-transmission  20K Jul 11 18:02  torrents/
vlas@pi41:~ $ ll /media/bu1/smb/torr/
drwxrwsr-x  3 smbuser debian-transmission 4.0K Feb 27  2021  mov/
drwxrwsr-x 62 smbuser debian-transmission 4.0K Apr 23 21:33  muz/
drwxrwsr-x 31 smbuser debian-transmission 4.0K Jul 17 17:54  soft/
Restarted the daemon, rebooted, set locations again - no luck.
(This is the second attempt to get an answer, first one is on github)
Last edited by vlas on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killemov

Re: Symlinks as download dirs

Post by killemov »

Hmmm ... I use symlinks ALL the time with problems at all, even over NFS. You seem to be using Samba and that might be the problem.
vlas

Post by vlas »

No, they are ordinary local paths on my Pi, "smb" doesn't matter, it is just for logical divisions of directory tree for clearer
setting up access from LAN. Transmission runs also on Pi. I'm confused and see no mistake now.
Maybe the problem is in the owner/permissions? What owner/permissions do you use, killemov?
killemov

Post by killemov »

Hmmm, I guess I was thrown off by the s-flags in your permissions listing. I use the debian-transmission:debian-transmission user/group as much as possible. Try to access the needed folders as user debian-transmission.
vlas

Post by vlas »

Things are sorted out now. smb dir haven't had rx rights for all.
That's all)) thanks)