Issue creating a new torrent file

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
AdaUser

Issue creating a new torrent file

Post by AdaUser »

I'm trying to create and seed a new torrent file. Assuming the file I wanna share using BitTorrent is `foobar.tar` and the tracker that I've used is `udp://tracker.eddie4.nl:6969/announce`, which I got it from https://fossbytes.com/torrent-trackers-list. I've followed the following steps:

1. Creating a new torrent file:

Code: Select all

$ transmisson-create foobar.tar -t udp://tracker.eddie4.nl:6969/announce -o foobar.torrent foobar.tar
2. Seeding the torrent that I've just created:

$ transmisson-remote --add foobar.torrent
But, after issuing the 2nd command—seeding step—I noticed the "Status" of the seeding torrent remains "Idle".

$ transmisson-remote -l
ID     Done       Have  ETA           Up    Down  Ratio  Status       Name
   2*    0%       None  Unknown      0.0     0.0   None  Idle         foobar.tar
Sum:              None               0.0     0.0
I'm not sure why it doesn't seed. It'd be appreciated if someone could assist me in fixing this issue. The goal is to create and seed a torrent for sharing a file, like `foobar.tar`, from my server to other users—such that they can grab the `foobar.torrent` file to download `foobar.tar`. I'm not obligated to use transmission client, so feel free to recommend some other CLI clients, but I'll be doing everything from a remote server.