800 Files to seed 5 at a time

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Soapm

800 Files to seed 5 at a time

Post by Soapm »

As we see P2P die a horrible death, I have about 800 torrents that I want to keep sharing as long as someone wants them. Because of my ISP's data cap, I have my upload capped at 200KBs. In the past, I had all the torrents set to upload but noticed most were sharing at about 2kbs. To better portion my limited bandwidth, I've limited my upload queue to 5 which I figure will average each leacher a respectable 40KBs. I then set my "Stop seeding when inactive" to 5 minutes so the system will move on if no one wants what's being seeded.

The problem: When a torrent stops seeding after 5 minutes of inactivity it goes to a "Finished" state which really turns it off completely. Transmission then begins seeding another file that may or may not be wanted.

1. Instead of inactive files going to "Finished", is there a way to have them go back into the "Waiting" pool so they stay active in the P2P network?
2. Also, is there a way to have the waiting queue prioritize the person who's waited the longest instead of randomly seeding a file that may or may not be requested? I'm trying to have my system be fair to those still in the community.

Anyone have a suggestion for a configuration like mine?