[Ubuntu, 3.00 (bb6b5a062e)] Transmission creates folders in /media/ directory during startup

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
threedozenotters

[Ubuntu, 3.00 (bb6b5a062e)] Transmission creates folders in /media/ directory during startup

Post by threedozenotters »

Hi all,

I seed torrents. There are torrents whose data I hold on an internal drive, and there are torrents whose data I hold on an external drive. This is necessitated by the capacity of my drives. Both drives are connected at boot time.
Due to peculiarites in my setup, Transmission boots after the mounting of internal drives, but prior to the mounting of the external drives. This results in the former being served properly while erroring out on the latter. (This behavior is expected.)
During Transmission bootup, Transmission creates a folder corresponding to the root directory of the torrents that would have been served. Example: For a torrent whose files are located at /media/threedozenotters/exthd/torrents/content , Transmission will create the directory /media/threedozenotters/exthd/torrents . As this collides with the designation of the external drive (which, again, mounts after Transmission has finished starting) the OS will default to mounting the external hard drive as exthd1.
This problem is easily solved by turning Transmission off, deleting the created directory, unmounting exthd1, mounting the drive as exthd, and then relaunching Transmission. As I have to do this every time I launch the OS, the process has become mildly tedious.
I would welcome any assistance in finding a way for Transmission not to make folders that collide with my external drive.

Thank you.

Version: 3.00 (bb6b5a062e)
I have searched for relevant keywords and found no satisfactory topic.
davygrvy

Re: [Ubuntu, 3.00 (bb6b5a062e)] Transmission creates folders in /media/ directory during startup

Post by davygrvy »

Hi,

As far as I understand it, which isn't all that far ;), change the START value in /etc/init.d/transmission to be a higher number than what the block-daemon starts with.

Code: Select all

root@OpenWrt:# cat /etc/init.d/transmission 
#!/bin/sh /etc/rc.common
# Copyright (C) 2010-2015 OpenWrt.org

START=99
STOP=10
then call

Code: Select all

root@OpenWrt:#/etc/init.d/transmission enable
to reorder the rc.d scripts