still painfully slow

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
dom272

hmmm

Post by dom272 »

oh it does does it? I wonder why everyones having all of these problems then and I had to spend days pratting about with it then.

.....there was something incomprehensible about nat-pmp or something but I couldn't work that out from either mac help/google/ transmission help files.
Mr Who

Post by Mr Who »

Jethryn Freyman wrote:

You could try toggling the encryption settings
(turning it completely on or off), or increasing the maximum number of connections (though too many connections may slow down your router.) 50 connections per torrent and 400 globally should be fine.
Where I can set maximun number of connection ???

thanks
Jethryn Freyman

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

In the menu:

Transmission > Preferences > Peers
Mr Who

Post by Mr Who »

In Transmission.cgi ???
Because in Clutch there isn't !
DVDi

Post by DVDi »

I love Transmission.

But at the last month he's painful slow!

I tried all the ideas with not help. I downloaded the very last nightlies version every day, and still nothing.

hares a new sample. I limited the upload to 20Kbs (my connection is 1.5Mb) and and i download a file from a very fames tracker, and at the this moment he have a 253 seeders and only 15 leechers. and still, he gave me only a 45Kbs (at the highest moment).

any idea?

thanks you gays.
bubbagump shrimps

Having problems with Transmission.

Post by bubbagump shrimps »

hi. I am new to Transmission and im am having problems downloading files.

I am at a loss. I am downloading only 1 torrent, quite a big one, but it downloads really really slow. Less than 10kb and with 0 upload rate.
i have been reading the forums & taking other users advice on what to do but to no avail. i have tinkered with firewalls, ports, etc but still no joy. Please help!!!

On another note, the torrent i am downloading is aproximatly 52gig in size. I unticked what i didnt want & left wat i did, which is about 4gig in size, but it seems to be downloading the full 52 gigs from an average of 10/20 of 47 peers

Please help!!! I have been staring at my monitor & trying to configure my mac properly now for 3 day+. I need sleep!!!!! It is fast becoming increasingly frustrating.

My specs are.... PPC 2.7 dual. OSX Tiger 10.4.9.. Transmission 1.11... internet connection of 2mb.

some valuable tips & tricks would be great.

many thanx
jah

Post by jah »

upgrade to 1.20
have you tried reading the built in help file?
chilipeppersman

same thing

Post by chilipeppersman »

this article didnt help me out at all, and my problem is that i am d/l far cry at 100 kb/s TOPS. with uttorent i would just be able to get at least like 200 kb/s. what can i do to make the speed faster? and can you give me a simple explanation because all the other forums are too complicated and stray away from the point
Ryoujin

Re: same thing

Post by Ryoujin »

chilipeppersman wrote:can you give me a simple explanation because all the other forums are too complicated and stray away from the point
Go to Help > Transmission Help

Select the topic that might solve your problem, which would either be:
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Port Forwarding FAQ
  • Maximizing Download Speed
chilipeppersman

i have version 1.06, how do i update it?
Jethryn Freyman

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

Transmission > Check for Update

Alternatively, download it from:
http://www.transmissionbt.com/download.php
chilipeppersman

for some reason you cant update through my version of transmission, but when i tried to download the package, to install it was really complicated. how can i do this? can you give me a step by step thing on how to install it.
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

chilipeppersman, are you, incidentally, running T from a disk image? Read: http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... 2399#22399
2shae

Post by 2shae »

Don't know what's going on with Transmission, but for the last it's been really really slow.
I have a 20 mb down connection so and I'm used to seeing pretty good speeds.
A normal 700mb download which normally takes between 1-2 hours is now taking like 10 hours @ 15kb/s. It's not just one file that is going slow, they all are.
the XBMC for Mac app is usually very fast when I download that with speeds of 800kb/s-1000kb/s but now it's only going 160kb/s. That isn't normal.

I'm using the latest nightly build, 10.5.3 and my port is open.
dmarkdw

Re: still painfully slow

Post by dmarkdw »

Open transmission. There will be a list of the torrents that you are downloading. Right click on one of them. Select "Properties". Select "Options". Under Speed there are three check boxes. Uncheck the box that says "Honor Global Limits". Now Check the boxes that say "Limit Download Speed" and "Limit Upload Speed". It is helpful if you will drag this box to the side so that it does not cover the speed that your torrent is currently downloading at. Now if the "Limit Download Speed" is set to 100 and the speed that your torrent is downloading is varying between 15 and 35 for instance, then change the value from 100 to 15. The speed that your torrent is downloading will stabilize at 15. Now click once on the up arrow to the right side of the box and it will change to 20. The torrent download speed should go up to 20. Continue to bump up the setting, watching to see that the speed that the torrent is downloading increases and stabilizes each time. When you go too high the speed that the torrent is downloading will plummet quickly. You will have to set your speed down low again allow it to stabilize, then raise it back up again, but stay 5-10 kbs short of where it began to plummet. I have found some torrents that will download at 180 kbs, while others might only be 5 or 10, or even less.