Error when trying to access web GUI.

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
lynx

Re: Error when trying to access web GUI.

Post by lynx »

i'm not reporting anything, what's the role of this forum then?

1. are there any other variables required to stop the whitelist ("rpc-whitelist-enabled": 0)?
2. transmission-daemon just starts without the embeded web server, is if this an expected behaviour or not?
the workaround is to start it in foreground and redirect the output. (tested with netstat)
rb07

Post by rb07 »

lynx wrote:i'm not reporting anything, what's the role of this forum then?
The forum is to request support, among other things, the Trac bugzilla is to formally report bugs.
1. are there any other variables required to stop the whitelist ("rpc-whitelist-enabled": 0)?
2. transmission-daemon just starts without the embeded web server, is if this an expected behaviour or not?
the workaround is to start it in foreground and redirect the output. (tested with netstat)
My experience: rpc-whitelist-enabled doesn't even exist unless you add it, so you may have found a real bug, I haven't tried to reproduce it.

About your point 2: You mean you tested 2 cases?
  • transmission-daemon in background, did a 'netstat -a | grep 9091' and got nothing;
  • transmission-daemon if foregroung, did same netstat test and got a line.
The reason we would like to see exactly what you tested is because here (on two different computers) transmission-daemon is happily running on the background and the Web client is working fine (with all versions of transmission, not just 1.42)...
lynx

Post by lynx »

as i said i'm using a compiled (mips) version of transmission for openwrt that i installed on my asus wl-500gp router!
Shadow aok

Post by Shadow aok »

Running transmission 1.42 on a gentoo server here.
rpc-whitelist-enabled didn't exist in my config.json file and I got the same error.
I added it and the problem was still the same (tried with 0 and 1).
I even added +* to the autorized ip list and it's not working.

So I upgraded to the last svn version and it's not better.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

Shadow aok wrote:Running transmission 1.42 on a gentoo server here.
rpc-whitelist-enabled didn't exist in my config.json file and I got the same error.
I added it and the problem was still the same (tried with 0 and 1).
I even added +* to the autorized ip list and it's not working.

So I upgraded to the last svn version and it's not better.
With version 1.42 ACLs changed to whitelists and the syntax changed, don't use "+*", perhaps "*" works but I haven't tried, I prefer an explicit list: "127.0.0.1,192.168.20.*" .
Shadow aok

Post by Shadow aok »

Yep, it works without the +.
lynx

Post by lynx »

ok, so if i whant my transmission web interface (clutch) to be accessible from outside world, what it will be the white list?
Shadow aok

Post by Shadow aok »

Well it depends.
To be able to manage a better authentification, I use apache as a proxy so I only need to piut localhost in the acl and my web interface is still accessible from outside (port 80).
If you only want to use the web interface as is, put 127.0.0.1 and your server ip adress (192.168.0.100 by example).