Can't connect to tracker

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
zemitras

Can't connect to tracker

Post by zemitras »

Hi there!

I am running transmission-daemon 1.42 (7495) in a DD-WRT router, and I'm loving it.

I have been downloading lots of torrents from a vast number of trackers (private and non private trackers) without any problem, except when trying to download from the famous "TL" tracker (aka t*rrentl**ch).

I don't know what happens, it seems that transmission wont even "talk" to the tracker. I've tried to run transmission-daemon in foreground but no error message appears, and using the Transmission remote gui (http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/) I can see an error message saying "Tracker: No Response"

I have the port properly forward to my router, I've run transmission without block filter, I know that transmission is an allowed client in that tracker (and I've seen it from other peers when downloading with utorrent in my PC) but the problem remains.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Thanks for developing such a nice piece of software! I love my router now because of all of you! :)
zemitras

Re: Can't connect to tracker

Post by zemitras »

Well I've been searching and I found similar problems with some other guys, and a reference to Ticket #1631.

I gess I have to wait for the next NSLU release of transmission and hope it's fixed :)

Best regards