How can I turn off "Verifying Local Data" in 1.40?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
ToniRios

How can I turn off "Verifying Local Data" in 1.40?

Post by ToniRios »

Hallo,
I have the following problem. I am unsing Transmission 1.40 and when I have started downloading a torrent file what's around 10 GB big that works. But if I want to continue that file the next day, it always says "Verifying Local Data" and that process take ages (Don't know how long it takes because I cancelled the torrent before).
My question is now, how can I turn off this "Verifying Local Data"??? I just want to contiue the download and don't want to wait a day or so to verify the data. Is that possible?
The Transmission client is running on the popcorn hour.
Thanks for the Help.

Toni
fahlmanc

Re: How can I turn off "Verifying Local Data" in 1.40?

Post by fahlmanc »

Maybe Transmission could be changed in several ways to check the files quicker, but the hash-check step is very necessary to ensure against bad data being uploaded and corrupt downloads.

I guess you leave your computer on? If you look in the preferences, Transmission has a crude scheduler to set alternative bandwidth levels between certain hours of the day.

You could also try using a script to pause the torrents, and have it run at certain times, rather than closing down and restarting the entire program. The command transmission-remote -t all --stop will stop the torrents from downloading and uploading, and transmission-remote -t all --start should remove them from the paused state, and allow them to upload and download again. The transmission-remote program can also set bandwidth levels.