transmission disconnects router...

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
essiw

transmission disconnects router...

Post by essiw »

It just happens sometimes... and then I can't open Transmission for hours... (haven't tried a modem restart yet, I am going to do that).

Here is the exact problem: When Transmission is open, I can't connect to the router anymore, so the internet connection is also completly gone... And I have tested my upload and download stats, but even if I put 0 or 1 upload speed and 200 download it doesn't work... (while the max on those moments is mostly 30-70up and 500+ down) I am clueless about this, also our router is giving errors all the time so I don't know if it could be related to Transmission but I put the things up here that could be. (Btw my computer is not connected via WLAN, and the router is a Fritzbox from XS4all)

WLAN registration failed: Authorization failed. Computer name: -, Mac address: <Mac address> (no computer name and not going to give a mac address)
Error in Internet telephony during connection with <telphone number) over sip.xs4all.nl. Reason for error: Request Cancelled (487)
Internetverbindung wurde erfolgreich hergestellt. IP-Adresse: xxx, DNS-Server: xxx und xxx, Gateway: xxx, Breitband-PoP: (xxx are those ip numbers etc.)
Internet connection cleared.
Clearing Internet connection briefly to prevent the Internet Service Provider from disconnecting you in the immediate future.

Well those 5 are in there tons of times...
I don't think the telephony error has anything to do with it, I don't get the WLAN error, because it works on some computers sometimes...
also don't understand the german error... (it's not that i don't understand the words, it is just that I don't understand what they mean with it...) and also the internet connection seems to be clearing a lot... no idea why...

Anyone got any idea?

Edit:
modem restart does help, also makes the download and upload speed higher...
essiw

Re: transmission disconnects router...

Post by essiw »

happend again, after a full day of uploading (and a bit downloading) I add a new torrent with 27 seeders and 200+ leechers (yeah a just made torrent by someone) and it blocks my whole internet, connecting to the port isn't possible (an orange dot, saying the port checking site is offline).
Now I can't upload and/or download (yeah 1 second and then it goes away) when I quit it everything goes back to normal (also seems to connect to very less peers [2 from 70 and with seeding torrents 1 from 10 and 0 from 10]) Is my ISP blocking it? if so how can I see it? (The upload and download limit bandwidth is "for normal use" so I don't know any digits how much)