[SOLVED] Strange download rate??

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
redfoxwire@gmail.com

[SOLVED] Strange download rate??

Post by redfoxwire@gmail.com »

My download rate is unlimited, and so it my upload. I get 100Mb/s to my computer but it only downloads 70Kb/s. What's the deal?
essiw

Re: Strange download rate??

Post by essiw »

try capping your upload speed to 70-80% of your bandwidth, also is your port open?
redfoxwire@gmail.com

Yeah the port is open. I will try capping it. Thanks for the suggestion.
guilherme

Post by guilherme »

Ok, this might be a really dumb shot, but are you sure your internet connection is 100 MB/s? This is the same speed the vast majority of wired routers and some modems use to transmit the data between the modem and your computer, not the internet itself. I, for instance, have a 6M/0,6M connection that goes through a router - when connected by wire, my OS says it is connected through a 100MB/s connection - but that's just the speed between the router and my computer...
Try running a internet speed test to see what is actually your connection =)

Of course, there's always the case that was really a dumb shot and your link is of 100 MB/s - in this case I'd recommend you to try the steps here.
essiw

Post by essiw »

I think there is something wrong there too, is it 100Mb or 100MB? (Megabits or MegaBytes) because it is certain you talk about 70KB (KiloBytes) after that
100Mb = 12,5MB (100/8) that is also high but 100MB is just to high
redfoxwire@gmail.com

Ok I did the speed test to just be sure and learned something my isp isn't giving me the bandwidth I'm paying for. I'm paying for there fastest connection, and I'm only getting 729kbps. So I need to call my isp and have them fix this and give me some money back. Thank you all for your help.