Transfer already exists

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Barker

Transfer already exists

Post by Barker »

Hello!
I'm trying to add a torrent to download but transmission tells me that "A transfer of <torrentname> already exists."
It does not. I removed all active torrents, removed whatever was in $HOME/Library/Application Support/Transmission that was related to that torrent but I still get the same error. What could be causing this?
essiw

Re: Transfer already exists

Post by essiw »

that does mean you have already a torrent in Transmission that contains the exact same files
Barker

Post by Barker »

But there are no transfers active at all, so it's not an already active torrent by that name. Even if I rename the torrent I get the same error.
essiw

Post by essiw »

Barker wrote:But there are no transfers active at all, so it's not an already active torrent by that name. Even if I rename the torrent I get the same error.
it doesn't have to be an active torrent (it can be a paused one) also as I said the name doesn't matter. what matters is that the torrent has the exact same files in it (so the files you want to download are exact the same) this is usually the same torrent as you already have in T but then with an other tracker
Barker

Post by Barker »

As you can see here, the "All" tab is selected clearly showing no torrents whatsoever, yet the error appears.
jh

Post by jh »

You could try to delete org.m0k.transmission.plist, there seem to be some references to torrents in there, also torrents i have removed before
that file is under preferences.

if that doesn't work, clear all transmission settings and fire up the program again and you should have solved the problem.
bbl

Post by bbl »

hi,

i have the same problem.

i already removed plist but this does not solve the error

how can i clear all transmission settings?

thanks in advance
Rogerick

Post by Rogerick »

The posted advise on quitting, and relaunching Transmission, worked for me.
When re-launched, it displayed successive windows of torrents paused.
Closing them one at a time, I discovered the one causing that message; still waiting for forgetful me to OK the transfer!

This is a apparently a closed loop program deficiency, in that no DialogBox tells you whether the torrent you have selected is WAITING because you paused it - or never clicked the OK to initiate initial transfer - or was completed - or paused - or deleted? -or [other?] THEN display ..DB[n].>>>close the loop!.

In all except two of these cases[?-any others, people?],>not initiated or removed<, there is no torrent displayed in the main window.

So I am not sure if this post applies to original quandary, or not. Solved mine.

THANKS, jh, for posting your second thought.
brunochre

Post by brunochre »

This started happening to me as well. I've been using transmission for years and it hadn't happened to me before.

The weirdest thing is that it's telling me that a job already exists, when it's a torrent I'm opening -for the first time-. Also, restarting the program doesn't help.

Only thing I changed recently is starting using the "orange" color for some torrents...

I'm using latest Transmission on Mac OS X "El Capitan".