Completed files disappear!

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
BurakkuSensei

Completed files disappear!

Post by BurakkuSensei »

I've just started using Transmission(1.51), and it's started disappearing completed files. The file downloads normally and starts seeding, then the torrent listing in Transmission generates an error saying that the file doesn't exist. Sure enough, the file isn't in the download folder, or the trash, or anywhere else. So far, if I re-download the same torrent the file seems OK the second time around. I've had Transmission set to 'Keep incomplete files in...', so perhaps this problem is happening when the file is being moved automatically?
essiw

Re: Completed files disappear!

Post by essiw »

maybe search trough your mac to see where the files are?
BurakkuSensei

Post by BurakkuSensei »

Like I said, the files aren't anywhere. A spotlight search can't find them.
jeandc

Post by jeandc »

Sorry to reply in such an old topic but I've been having the same problem for the past few days!

It is really strange. I've been using Transmission for years without a problem now everytime I download a torrent, the second it hits 100% it totally disappear. Looking for it using Spotlight or even manually in different temp folders gives nothing: gone! And at the same time Transmission show a "!" saying torrent file not found when it starts seeding.

I haven't changed a thing, just updated to 1.83.

Any clue?
ottsk

Post by ottsk »

I am seeing the same thing. When the torrent enters the swarm, the proper folder and files exist within my Torrents directory. When the torrent goes to 100% completion, the folder and files disappear off of my hard drive.

If I use the find function through terminal (which is more powerful that spotlight), the files are not located on local disk. They are deleted.

Interestingly, the torrent remains in Transmision, listing 100% completion.

I'm running 1.83 (but I think i started seeing this in 1.81 - don't quite know for sure) on a Vanilla hackintosh (10.6.2).
jeandc

Post by jeandc »

My issue is now fixed: I trashed Transmission and preference file and set up everything from scratch.
Hope it helps.