Where to set the global ratio in v1.6 manually via terminal?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
rebuss

Where to set the global ratio in v1.6 manually via terminal?

Post by rebuss »

Dear all,

Can please someone give me a hint in which file I can change the global ratio via terminal? The reason for that you can find below.

-----------------------------

as you maybe aware, there is a project called Freetz to implement Transmission on a Fritz Box Router (http://www.freetz.org). Freetz is implementing transmission with the clutch webinterface. The most actual trunk is using the newest version 1.6 that I have actually installed on my Fritz Box router.

As we all know, with the actual clutch interface, it's not possible to set the new seed ratio that were implemented in the Version 1.60.

To set the seed ratio anyway, is it's maybe possible for someone to tell me where I can set this ratio manually with the console?

If you don't know how freetz is working, it's absolutely enough if someone can maybe tell me in which file (and maybe the path of this file) the seed ratio is set. Than I can (hopefully) adapt this to the freetz installation and change this value.

Many thanks in advance for your help and many thanks for providing this very great bittorent client.

Best regards
KyleK

Re: Where to set the global ratio in v1.6 manually via terminal?

Post by KyleK »

Code: Select all

$ transmission-remote --help
(snip)
  -sr  --seedratio            ratio                Let the current torrent(s) seed until a specific ratio
  -srd --seedratio-default                         Let the current torrent(s) use the global seedratio settings
  -SR  --no-seedratio                              Let the current torrent(s) seed regardless of ratio
  -gsr --global-seedratio     ratio                All torrents, unless overridden by a per-torrent setting, should seed until a specific ratio
  -GSR --no-global-seedratio                       All torrents, unless overridden by a per-torrent setting, should seed regardless of ratio
This should do it.
rebuss

Post by rebuss »

Hi,

that's really cool. Many thanks for helping me. I will report if it works or not............
rebuss

Post by rebuss »

Hi.

it works. I've set a global Seed ratio with

transmission-remote -gsr RATIO

Thanks for helping me!