Downloading stops when using vpn

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
wiget

Downloading stops when using vpn

Post by wiget »

Hello,

I'm using transmission 1.90 on ubuntu 8.04, when i launch my vpn (vpntunnel or arethusa) using kvpnc, the transmission speed drop to 0.0 , does anyone knows why ?

Thx
surfmonger

Re: Downloading stops when using vpn

Post by surfmonger »

I am having a similar problem, but I'm running Leopard.

Transmission works fine. however, when I turn on VPN to connect to my office computer, transmission stops, all connections are dropped.

I do not want to run transmission through the VPN. I'm sure the office network has a way of blocking this. idk.

Is there a way in either transmission or my cisco vpn client to stop this from happening?
plasticexist3nce

Re: Downloading stops when using vpn

Post by plasticexist3nce »

surfmonger wrote:I am having a similar problem, but I'm running Leopard.

Transmission works fine. however, when I turn on VPN to connect to my office computer, transmission stops, all connections are dropped.

I do not want to run transmission through the VPN. I'm sure the office network has a way of blocking this. idk.

Is there a way in either transmission or my cisco vpn client to stop this from happening?
Go to Network Prefs and under the VPN settings, checkbox to send ALL data over VPN.