[Solved] Make Progress bar reflect seeding ratio

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
josephj

[Solved] Make Progress bar reflect seeding ratio

Post by josephj »

When a torrent is seeding, the download progress is always (AFAIK) 100%, so showing it just wastes window space. It would be cool if the progress bar changed to reflect progress toward the goal fixed ratio (for those torrents that have one). For those with no goal - unlimited, it would be great to remove the bar to save window space.

Joe
Transmission 2.04 kubuntu karmic x86
Last edited by josephj on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Make Progress bar reflect seeding ratio

Post by livings124 »

The Mac version has this behavior.
josephj

Post by josephj »

It sounds like the Mac version is way ahead of the Linux version on a number of fronts.

Is the Mac fork of the project the core of the project or the original version?

How hard is it to port things to Linux - especially when most of the ones I want are primarily in the UI? Are we just short on developers interested in doing it? I'd be willing to put a small contribution into a bounty fund if there were enough others interested in it.

I'm starting to think about getting a Mac vm <G>.

Joe
ijuxda

Post by ijuxda »

livings124 wrote:The Mac version has this behavior.
Is there a page somewhere documenting the mac gui features? I would like to bring the gtk client up to speed, but I cannot compile the mac client to see what is needed.
josephj

Re: [Solved] Make Progress bar reflect seeding ratio

Post by josephj »

Enhancement added to Transmission 2.33-gtk.

Thanks!
Bzzz

Post by Bzzz »

Can't spot it in 2.77-gtk and many previous versions as well (using official Ubuntu sources). Is there an option to enable this, or am I missing something else?
josephj

Post by josephj »

What I see since 2.33 is a "normal" progress bar for downloading that "resets" once downloading is complete and then reflects the percent of the upload limit which has been achieved. If uploading is unlimited, it shows as completed (full bar).

For one release or two, they had the cool idea of running the progress bar backwards for uploads so it started filling in from the right instead of the left. That made uploads visually distinct from downloads and I liked it.

For me, it works fine the way it is now, but what I was ideally hoping for was what I believe the mac version does which is to show both progress bars simultaneously (in different colors). Not all mac enhancements seem to make it to the gdk/qt versions.

I don't have any uploads in progress at the moment, so I can't attach a screenshot.