Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
blacke4dawn

Re: Offering $$ Reward For New Feature To Be Added In

Post by blacke4dawn »

Well, isn't uTP support in 2.30? So he better pay up now. :wink:
Richy_T

Post by Richy_T »

It's quite a few percent more than he paid for the original product.
globalrebel

Post by globalrebel »

Can someone explain to me what uTP is? I did a lookup and it looks like it is there to help with the flow of Torrent traffic in Transmission? Can anyone explain this a little more to me? Sorry for bringing up an old thread.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

globalrebel wrote:Can someone explain to me what uTP is? I did a lookup and it looks like it is there to help with the flow of Torrent traffic in Transmission? Can anyone explain this a little more to me? Sorry for bringing up an old thread.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Transport_Protocol

Micro Transport Protocol or µTP (sometimes also uTP) is an open UDP-based variant of the BitTorrent peer-to-peer file sharing protocol intended to mitigate poor latency and other congestion control issues found in conventional BitTorrent over TCP, while providing reliable, ordered delivery.
It was devised to automatically slow down[1] the rate at which packets of data are transmitted between users of peer-to-peer file sharing torrents when it interferes with other applications. For example, the protocol should automatically allow the sharing of an ADSL line between a BitTorrent application and a web browser.

A.k.a it was put in to make sure that other applications that also use the net doesn't get "majorly impeded" so to speak.