WARNING message before starting/stopping too many torrents

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
captain

WARNING message before starting/stopping too many torrents

Post by captain »

Could we have a little 1D10T insulation, please? A simple WARNING message would have prevented my current situation where I'm looking at a nearly frozen Mac.

Also, I would request that a command-a should only select the torrents in a OPEN tab! I had about 10 torrents visible, selected all, and hit start... then I wondered why my computer was locking up shortly thereafter. It turns out that I had started about 200 pending torrents on a tracker I'm trying to seed up to good ratio!!! NOT good. That destroyed my ratio there, and will probably get me banned.

COMMAND-A should ONLY select VISIBLE torrents, NOT all the torrents in closed tabs!!!

Just my little opinion, but please consider adding a "DANGER WILL ROBINSON! Do you REALLY want to start/stop/check/delete Xnumber of torrents?"

Thanks
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: WARNING message before starting/stopping too many torren

Post by livings124 »

I do not understand. Doing select-all in the main window only selects the visible transfers (including those hidden but scrollable to). It will not select filtered transfer. This is consistent with all Mac apps.
captain

Re: WARNING message before starting/stopping too many torrents

Post by captain »

If you have your torrents segregated into different "tabs" (i.e. Groups) within Transmission then CLOSED Groups should NOT have all the files within them invisibly selected. Especially since when Select All-ing the Group labels do not show as selected! This is bad UI design. >:-(