request: move when removed

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
dfszu7

request: move when removed

Post by dfszu7 »

Hi,
I am running transmission on my Fritz!Box (DSL router, linux) with an external HD.

Compared to Transmission on the Mac the linux version has the option to move downloaded files to a "seeded" folder after the torrent has reached a seed ratio of some value. Great!

What i would like to see is an option to move files to a "seeded" folder after the torrent has been seeded for some time
plus move files to a "done" folder, after I have stopped the torrent manually by removing the torrent.

Of course all the moved-to folders could be the same and basically the feature to move after reached-seed-ratio, reached-seed-time, forced-seeeded is the same.

I would like to see this feature in the future.

Regards and thank you for tansmission!
nowonmai

Re: request: move when removed

Post by nowonmai »

This is the only feature I miss from Azureus!

I would like separate folders for "downloading", "seeding" and "complete", with files added to the last upon removal.

Or is this already possible with a script?
xtoik

Re: request: move when removed

Post by xtoik »

I have also felt the need of have this feature and I have built an application to accomplish that work. The requisites for running it are having the mono execution environment installed and configuring transmission to expose its web server (at least for the localhost if the utility runs locally).

https://github.com/xtoik/TransmissionUtilities/releases

Code: Select all

mono MoveAfterSeeding.exe 
    -s=<transmissionServer:port> 
    -d=</path/to/copy/finished/files/> 
    -u=<transmissionWebUser> 
    -p=<transmissionWebPassword>
I use it daily in my environment (in fact it is installed on my crontab) and it is stable. In any case I will be glad to help with any issues you may encounter, just log them here:

https://github.com/xtoik/TransmissionUtilities/issues

Any feedback will be welcome.