Delay activating new seeding ratio

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
josephj

Delay activating new seeding ratio

Post by josephj »

When I change a seeding ratio of a particular torrent from seed regardless to seed until ratio or I adjust the ratio down too far by accident with the spinner, it takes effect instantly and the torrent sometimes gets paused (losing all the peers). I would like it to wait until I tab out of the field or otherwise leave the properties window.

It just happened. I was seeding unlimited and I wanted it to keep seeding for quite awhile, but not forever. I selected seed until ratio. The ratio that was previously set was already exceeded and the torrent paused before I had a chance to increase the ratio.

I realize that in a situation like this, it might be difficult to determine exactly when to activate the change and not miss it all together.

Maybe we could assume that if the user is selecting seed until ratio with a ratio that is already exceeded that they intend to increase the ratio because, otherwise, why didn't they just manually pause or delete the torrent directly?

If a torrent is about to be paused this way, a pop up of,"Seeding ratio already satisfied. This torrent is about to be paused. Do you want to increase the ratio instead?" could also be used to disambiguate the situation.

This is a small issue, but one that I have run into a number of times.

This would probably also be an issue when changing (decreasing) the global (default) seeding ratio. In that case, it might be enough to say, "You're about to pause N torrents that have already satisfied this new ratio. Do you really want to do that?".

Thanks.
Joe

Transmission-gtk 2.3.1 - kubuntu lucid
paulomatsui

Re: Delay activating new seeding ratio

Post by paulomatsui »

I find it interesting too
tuxolero

Post by tuxolero »

I also would like to vote for this request.

Making the changes effective on tab switch or dialog close would be the most intuitive behaviour to me.
josephj

Post by josephj »

I'd still like to see this enhancement.
josephj

Post by josephj »

Still here and still would appreciate this feature.