Restoring Properties Windows at Startup

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
josephj

Restoring Properties Windows at Startup

Post by josephj »

This would be very nice, but not necessary.

When I use Transmission, I usually have one or more torrent properties windows open. Being able to do this was the main reason I switched to Transmission from deluge. This works fine, but:

My system is a notebook, so it gets shut off frequently. When I close Transmission, it appears to close all my properties windows first and then when I restart it, I have to manually open them all again.

I recently noticed that if I shut down my system (by mistake) with Transmission still running, then when I start it up again Transmission is restored with all the properties windows intact. Doing this on purpose would probably not be a good idea because Transmission might not have time to do all its housekeeping like updating trackers before it gets terminated. That usually takes longer than shutdown allows for.

What I would like is a way to get Transmission to restore its properties windows if it has been closed normally with any open.
It's like Firefox remembering what tabs were open or Openoffice.org remembering which documents were in use during the last session and restoring them when these applications are restarted.

Thanks.

Joe - kubuntu lucid, Transmission-gtk from the ppa (currently 2.31).

P.S. I'm still using the gtk version because, for a long time, it used to be way ahead of the qt version.
josephj

Re: Restoring Properties Windows at Startup

Post by josephj »

Still an active user and I'd still really appreciate this enhancement.