Sort transfers by date completed

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Renara

Sort transfers by date completed

Post by Renara »

I keep poking this one on the trac website but it keeps getting shot down as not being popular enough, which is annoying since either the idea has merit or not.

Anyway, I figured I'd post a topic here so others can find out about this and add their comments, to prove the value of the idea.
The trac issue in question is ticket #3016.

Basically the idea is to use the Date Completed field (found in the inspector under the Activity tab, not sure if this is the same for all clients). This would allow us to sort torrents such that the most recently completed are at the top, in particular the choice of sorting would be:

Sort by Date Completed Downloading
Most recently downloaded torrents appear at the top, with incomplete torrents sorted by progress (0-100%). This way you have only to glance at the top of the transfer list to see the most recently completed torrent(s).

Sort by Date Complete Seeding
Most recently fully seeded torrents appear at the top, beneath these will be downloaded torrents sorted by seeding progress (0-100%), following by incomplete torrents sorted by progress (0-100%). This one will therefore show which torrents are seeded, and therefore need to be pruned from the list or given a higher cut-off ratio. This one is probably a bit more niche though, since it's not too hard to see completed seeds.

Anyway, if you like the sounds of this feature, then please add your comments to ticket #3016!
killemov

Re: Sort transfers by date completed

Post by killemov »

I'm currently rolling my own web interface that is completely table/column-based. The columns show the fields in https://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser ... =name#L158. It should be quite easy to add a column with a little bit of Javascript when you have some example columns to work from.
Last edited by killemov on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ParryHotter

Post by ParryHotter »

I agree with this! And I can't believe it doesn't exist?! I loose so many downloads all the time. Why oh why isn't that a feature. Might be the most important way of filter the cue.
myshkin

Post by myshkin »

Yeah, how can you tell what torrents have completed recently?!?!?! I've got 75 files seeding ATM, and I can't tell what's just finished without going line by line through each completed item and looking at all of the file modification times.
killemov

Post by killemov »

If you use the web UI and want to know the doneDate NOW without actually looking on the filesystem, try using Shift, a new web UI. You just double click on a torrent and then click on the details button ... et voila: ALL torrent properties are shown.
Adding a sortable(!) column to the main view is very simple. In shift.js:

Code: Select all

var globals = {
  torrentStatus: {
    4: {
      label: "Downloading",
      columns: [... , "doneDate", ...],
      fields: [... , "doneDate", ...]
    },
  }
}

var torrentColumns = {
  "doneDate": {
    label: "ETA", render: function( date ) {
      return date ? renderDateTime( date ) : "";
    }
  },
}
Cheers! Please post general Shift questions in the Shift topic.
Last edited by killemov on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuxEdo

Post by tuxEdo »

I use culturist's web ui and it allows you to sort by date.
I totally agree with the OP, it is an essential feature, allows me to go look at what recently completed, which I generally move/tag/etc.. to its final location, usually on a different computer.
In fact I would love it if there was a way to tag a torrent for later follow-up (just some flag attached to the torrent that can be used to filter). I could play probably do something like that with directories, like moving them from <complete> to <archived>.
treetops422

Post by treetops422 »

Hi I have been using other software for years, switched to this and I am very disappointed the sort feature I use 95% of the time is missing. Most people likely uninstall as I almost did as soon as I noticed this. I like the program but this feature is going to be a deal breaker soon.

Thank you for the wonderful program. :D

p.s. I made this account just to make this comment.
aquaduckless

Post by aquaduckless »

I would love this feature too :-)
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/transgui/ has sorting of transfers by date completed.