Expand Transfer Information Window

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
drsassafras

Expand Transfer Information Window

Post by drsassafras »

I would like suggesting making the image depicting the transfer (consisting of 324 square blocks) into something more substantial. At the very least, perhaps doubling the number of "pixels" from 324 to 676 (from 18x18 to 26x26) but preferably making it much larger, say 100x100. The blocks and space between the blocks could be reduced to make it fit in the window. So if a transfer has 9000 pcs, each would take 1.1 squares. it it had 900 pcs, each would take 11 squires to represent a pc.

After such a change is made, it lays the ground work to making where files begin and end. I have seen great graphical representations of how files are being downloaded in other torrent programs and really loved them. Its a great way to see how things are progressing. The current representation is only really useful if there is only one file being downloaded. It shows its progress well. If for example you are downloading a 40gb file with 5 directories and 110 files and 9576pcs, (as I currently am) the little depiction means almost nothing.

Thanks for your time in reading my post.

Dr. Sassafras=