Add "torrent URL contains" to group selection criteria

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
skootles

Add "torrent URL contains" to group selection criteria

Post by skootles »

Hey all,

I've been making great use of the groups feature in Transmission because it allows me to sort my torrents and have them download into their proper folders on my drive without me having to manually move them. As an example, for TV Shows I've got a group in Transmission for each show that I frequently download and I've got the filters set up so that Transmission determines (based on file name) which show (if any) it is, and sets the download folder to the proper folder on my hard drive.

Now, a problem arises when I want to download something other than a TV Show, like a movie or a song. Obviously those kind of things don't always have one thing in the filename that will indicate what kind of file it is.

I thought that the perfect way would be in the group criteria settings, to be able to search for words in the actual URL of the torrent added. For example, I could set up a rule that says [Torrent URL] [Contains] "#movie" and whenever I go to add a movie (I add all of my torrents via the web interface, just copying and pasting the torrent URL in) I could just add that "#movie" onto the end. Browsers still resolve the URL properly.

Another idea might be to add the ability to choose a group in the web interface. I was going to put that in the post title but it was a bit long as is.

Does anyone else think that might be a legitimate idea, or perhaps have a suggestion for a workaround?
liljack

Re: Add "torrent URL contains" to group selection criteria

Post by liljack »

Is there a unique "file name"?

Say, criteria="any file" that "contains" "Sample"

Took a screenshot: