Allow user tyo nominate default location for magnet links

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
richardjneo

Allow user tyo nominate default location for magnet links

Post by richardjneo »

Hello Transmission Team,

Thanks very much for this awesome program.

Since tracker.example.com and I guess others are moving to magnet links now, it'd be good if the handling of them was a bit more customiseable. Most importantly to me is being able to nominate a default download location for magnet links.

With a normal .torrent file and the 'watch folder' settings, I can click on a torrent file and once that is downloaded the torrent starts downloading without me having to interact at all with Transmission. Now with clicking on a magnet link, Transmission asks me every time where I want to donwload the file to, which is always my Downloads folder. Either something in the settings, or even just a checkbox in the folder picker that said 'always download to this location' would be nice.

Thanks for listening, and again for all your work in this great program.

Cheers,
Richard
richardjneo

Re: Allow user tyo nominate default location for magnet link

Post by richardjneo »

Thank you.
maclover

Re: Allow user tyo nominate default location for magnet link

Post by maclover »

Hi, my problem is that I don't want to change the "same as torrent" option cause I'm using Tv shows 2 and it is compulsory if I want each show to download on a separate folder... any other solution? Thanks I hope someone will answer me-