Numeric Priorities

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Richy_T

Numeric Priorities

Post by Richy_T »

It would be nice to have numeric priorities. At the moment, you can set priorities to high or no-download but once your high priority item is downloaded, it's back to pot-luck which downloads next. When they added this feature to Vuze (before I abandoned that piece of bloat), I found it very useful.

I'm thinking that at first go, it would be straightforward to add it into the -p option, simply make it -p(0-9) and maybe -p(A-F) also which would not clash with the existing -p options and would probably make it straightforward to add for the first go at it.

I'm a developer myself so this is something I would probably be able to contribute myself. I mostly use the transmission daemon and transmission-remote so those would be my primary focus. Would someone be willing to help with the lifting on the GUI and Web interfaces?
Richy_T

Re: Numeric Priorities

Post by Richy_T »

So I have gone ahead and implemented this. Works fairly well and doesn't interfere with existing stuff (low normal and high priorities function as before. It's basically an extension of them). It's implemented in transmission-remote and libtransmission so far. Using the command line looks like this:

$ transmission-remote --auth "x:x" -t 6 -up 9 -pu 41-50

Output of the file listing looks like this:

40: 74% Normal Yes 216.4 MB File
41: 67% Num(9) Yes 157.1 MB File
42: 66% Num(9) Yes 177.2 MB File
43: 63% Num(9) Yes 192.8 MB File
44: 69% Num(9) Yes 164.0 MB File

There are up to 36 numeric priorities (0 maps to normal, 1 to high).

Is there any interest in this being submitted?
Richy_T

Post by Richy_T »

Well, this doesn't seem to have generated much interest but I'm attaching the diff in case anyone might find it useful.

Or at least I would have except .diff and .txt are not allowed extensions. Anyone know what I can post it as?
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

you can't post files on forum. I've tried. You can host them somewhere else and provide an http link. You can submit a bug or enhancement on trac and there you can post a .diff or .patch. If you need to host a small file let me know, I'll do it for you. I look forward to using your patch.

Thanks,
cfpp2p
Richy_T

Post by Richy_T »