Donations: Bitcoin

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
mariosal

Donations: Bitcoin

Post by mariosal »

It would be great to allow donations in Bitcoins.
John Clay
Transmission Project

Re: Donations: Bitcoin

Post by John Clay »

Hello,

Thanks for your interest, but we have no plans to accept donations via Bitcoin (or anything other than PayPal) at this time.
shintos

Post by shintos »

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

But has this been re-considered?
Having used transmission for several years now, it would be nice to give back (paypal isn't an option).
nbalonso

Post by nbalonso »

I was also looking to donate and Paypal is not an option for me either.

If you would please re-consider, I think it is a good idea to accept donations via this method.
johndevor

Post by johndevor »

I would love to see Bitcoin donations as a possibility. You want zee moneeeez!? :)
gathat

Post by gathat »

If you accept bitcoin donations, I will donate. I could not find a bitcoin donation option, so I did not donate yet.
fturco

Post by fturco »

I'm also going to donate via Bitcoin when you accept it. It's so easy (Paypal and cards are more difficult to use).
ChaosElephant

Post by ChaosElephant »

Please reconsider accepting bitcoin. If you want to avoid the price fluctuation of bitcoin, you can simply accept the bitcoin via coinbase.com or bitpay.com, who will help you convert immediately to USD for a very low fee, much lower than the 3% of paypal or credit cards. Coinbase.com even processes your first $1 million revenue free of charge!
aus3

Post by aus3 »

Also jumping in to say I would donate if Bitcoin was an option.
andymal

Post by andymal »

Has this been reconsidered? I only donate via bitcoin. Paypal sucks.
Look how easy it is: https://www.coinbase.com/docs/merchant_ ... nt_buttons
Mark0

Post by Mark0 »

Hi! Just finished setting up Transmission, and jumped to the Tip Jar link ready to send a fraction of bitcoin.
Too bad it isn't possible at the moment. I suggest (re)considering adding it.
Sandwich

Post by Sandwich »

I joined the forum to drag up this old thread.

I too would donate with bitcoin.
macrotorrent

Post by macrotorrent »

Installed Transmission on my NAS, clicked Tip Jar to tip, didnt find Bitcoin option :(
harryjosh

Post by harryjosh »

I'm using Bitcoins since 2010 and you really should NOT use a web wallet (because your money is stored on the servers of a "company"). We already had a huge scam in the past. A web wallet provider went into business, people started using it and after a while the people behind just stole all the bitcoins and left.

If you want a very simple but secure system just get the Bitcoin Core at https://bitcoin.org/en/download - it is also the official wallet. Only downside is that you first have to synchronize to the network and that takes some days. A plus is that your wallet is very secure because you can protect it with a password and additionally encrypt it and it's just one file you have to backup.

If you're not trying to stay anonymous then Coinbase is likely a very safe option.https://cryptolinks.com/coin-payments It's got a lot of Silicon Valley investors and is kind of like the PayPal for Bitcoin at the moment.
nikkinemo95

Post by nikkinemo95 »

Also jumping in to say I would donate if Bitcoin was an option.