Pause State

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
wneo

Pause State

Post by wneo »

The File menu on the GTK+ client as well the right-click menu for the Transmission icon on my Gnome indicator panel have the options "Pause All" and "Start All". When I 'Pause All', all active torrents are paused. When I 'Start All', all paused torrents are resumed and not just the ones that were active when I hit 'Pause All'. This is not helpful when I need all my bandwidth for some other task for a few minutes (say, a video call on Skype with desktop sharing) and resume my torrents when it is done. One way to do this would be to set alternative speed to 0 and use the 'Enable Alternative Speed Limits' option. But then, I require the tortoise as well. It would be nice to have a "Start [something descriptive here]" option that will restart only those torrents that were active when I hit "Pause All".

I run Transmission 2.51 (13280) on Ubuntu 12.04. I haven't gone through the command line documentation. I'm sorry if there is a way to achieve this via the command line. Please do enlighten me though.

Thanks,
W.