Apply changes upon exit from dialogue, not immediately

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
fudoki

Apply changes upon exit from dialogue, not immediately

Post by fudoki »

Am transferring a file to a friend and notice he will exceed the default available download ratio. I bring up the menu and select "Properties" and "Options". Immediately upon selecting "Stop Seeding at Ratio" - BOOM - my friend's session is terminated and his connection is broken...

As often as not the session either does not re-connect or only does so after some time after I have manually increased the allowed ratio SPECIFICALLY TO AVOID AN EARLY TERMINATION, often after a needless phone call where I must explain that it was not me, but Transmission's design, that kicked him off the connection.

The interface needs to allow the user to make the desired changes AND THEN APPLY THEM UPON CLICKING ON "CLOSE". Good programming practice would dictate that the user not be manipulating the "live" program values when making an adjustment of this type, but variables, either static or array, that will update the "live" values upon exiting the adjustment dialogue.

This small, almost clerical, change will improve your program IMHO.

Thanks!