Local Peer Limits and Options

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
kingtiger01

Local Peer Limits and Options

Post by kingtiger01 »

(Old Threads: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10739|viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10558 ) ( Ticket: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3076 )

I am Requesting the Addition of Local Peer Limits, As the Default Speed Limits are Pointless for use on LAN's but Required for use on the internet.

The Feature is LONG overdue, already offered by nearly all Modern Bittorrent Clients and Desperately Needed for Transmission...

As with many users, i often use Bittorrent for both Local and Remote clients...

My unique situation also puts me with 3 clients, each with Seperate ISDN lines and Connected as well Via LAN... These three clients act as public Seed Boxes and Transmission makes it VERY difficult to Efficiently manage bandwidth as each client is limited to the Default Speed Limits, which are MUCH slower than there VLAN....

PLEASE Add this Feature IMMEDIATELY, im a LONG time user of Transmission CLI/Daemon and This feature is FAR overdue and NEEDED...

------

Also it would be nice to include a list of peers or subnets to treat as local AND a auto-peer injector... Alll of these features require VERY little work to implent, most just additional variables... PLEASE add these...

If anything just add it to the CLI/DAEMON for now and worry about GTK/QT Client Additions later!