Unrar option

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
ludwich

Unrar option

Post by ludwich »

I would love an unrar option instead of running the script i have now since it unrars everything and sometime u just want the rar files.
This would be quite easy if u package the unrar script with transmission and just ask the question when we add a torrent.

/:)
killemov

Re: Unrar option

Post by killemov »

Do you use this script?:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10364

It has some crude means to skip processing or just doing unrar without removing from transmission.
The best way to enhance the scripting dramatically is to allow at least 1 custom parameter. (Specified as a property of the torrent structure in the JSON rpc-spec.)
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

Personally I would be afraid that including this would create many more requests for these types of "small but useful" features that only a few select people would really benefit from in the long run, and that that would bloat the client like too many other torrent clients seem to suffer from.

I could see an add-on framework working for this where those who want those features could add them while the rest of us won't be "burdened" by them.
kmotiv

Post by kmotiv »

Everyone could benefit from an unrar feature.