Groups within Groups

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
kilgoretrout

Groups within Groups

Post by kilgoretrout »

Is it possible to have sub-categories or groups within other groups?

for instance i have music i get from private trackers and i like to separate them by tracker and by bitrate. so i would have a (Tracker X) Group with v0, 320, FLAC, etc and (Tracker Y) with v0, 320, FLAC, etc...

i think that this would make transmission the best client ever!!!

there are so many ways of using subgroups, and would just make life so much easier, especially when it comes to rechecking files if you have moved some within a main group.

eg)
i have a group with 100 torrents and i moved 10 of them. if i verify local data for the whole group, those 10 would be missing. if they were moved into a sub-group i could verify them separately and avoid the issue.

the reason this is better than having just groups, is that i already have 20 groups and it is getting crowded. especially due to the fact that some of them share content and category, but are just separated because of the tracker.

i wish to have 4 or 5 main groups, and in each of those maybe 4 or 5, with 4 or 5 in those.