Automatic ON and OFF Scheduling Switch

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
mrbball

Automatic ON and OFF Scheduling Switch

Post by mrbball »

This program needs an automatic ON and OFF scheduling switch, that can be set for hours that you do not normally use the computer because when the program is running internet and emailing is slowed down. This way you don't have to remember to turn the program on an off. It's a simple, but very important feature that I think 99% of users would be happy to use.

I've tried getting around the problem using Speed Limit when I'm on the computer. No matter how low I make the download speed for Speed Limit, my browsing and emailing is totally messed up. I have a fast computer, thought only DSL internet service.
Curious123

Re: Automatic ON and OFF Scheduling Switch

Post by Curious123 »

On my ReadyNAS NV+ I used the built in client which had the option of pausing the torrents but if the NAS was restarted then the torrents would automatically sart. My ISP did not like any P2P downloainf during the hours of 12 to 12 this feature was quite useful as I always reboted my server just before midnight to automatically kick off the torrents. Slowing down the speed is very useful but being able to stop/start during scheduled hours would be extremely useful.