Connection Manager

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
TechN9Ne1730

Connection Manager

Post by TechN9Ne1730 »

I am currently a Deluge user, but with Transmission supporting Qt I am considering switching since I am a Kubuntu user! However, one thing holds me back. I run multiple daemons of deluge on my box because each one has a specific purpose. For example, each runs on it's own port, and the primary interface is for use on private trackers. The second daemon is for use on public trackers and leaves DHT and all the goodies on. I click the "Connection Manager" button in the tool bar and I can switch between daemons quickly with out having to re-enter my user name and password over and over. I would love to see this added so I can make the jump!
TechN9Ne1730

Re: Connection Manager

Post by TechN9Ne1730 »

I already have multiple daemons set up. That's not my problem. My problem is switching between them quickly and easily with out typing a new user name, password and port each time. Technically I could use the same name and pass, but would still have to change the port each time. Here is what I was asking for:
Thanks for the response, but I see nothing similar to this in Transmission. Like I said, that is the one thing holding me back.Oh I forgot to mention I am connecting to a seedbox.

As for the private flag option, the first thing you will be told when you go t any respectable public tracker, is disable DHT and PEX. While you are right, the private flag SHOULD prevent any data leaking out to the public, I have always noticed inconsistency with data reporting in Transmission(which was why I switched to Deluge) and Deluge so I figure it is better to have separate daemons on separate ports. While this isn't really on topic, I wouldn't mind hearing more thoughts on this setup.
maki.ato

Post by maki.ato »

TechN9Ne1730

Post by TechN9Ne1730 »

maki.ato wrote:Try Transmission Remote GUI.
At one point I did use that years ago when I had a single daemon on a shared server, and it was a great remote gui client. However, the main reason I want to switch to Transmission is the use of the Qt Framework so it better integrates with my system's dark theme. Because of the way firefox works, I have to rely on a light coloured gtk theme to avoid white text on a white background.
maki.ato

Post by maki.ato »

TechN9Ne1730 wrote:
At one point I did use that years ago when I had a single daemon on a shared server, and it was a great remote gui client. However, the main reason I want to switch to Transmission is the use of the Qt Framework so it better integrates with my system's dark theme. Because of the way firefox works, I have to rely on a light coloured gtk theme to avoid white text on a white background.
I thought...
TechN9Ne1730 wrote:Like I said, that is the one thing holding me back.
I guess you're shit out of luck.
TechN9Ne1730

Post by TechN9Ne1730 »

maki.ato wrote:
TechN9Ne1730 wrote:
I thought...
TechN9Ne1730 wrote:Like I said, that is the one thing holding me back.
Hi troll, it helps if you read the OP and understand what people are talking about.. Let's go back to my OP shall we?
I am currently a Deluge user, but with **Transmission supporting Qt**I am considering switching since I am a Kubuntu user!
Transmission Remote GUI does not use Qt framework does it? If you bothered to read the OP you would know know this is why I was looking in to Transmission to begin with.
maki.ato wrote:I guess you're shit out of luck.
No shit sherlock. Why do you think I posted in the feature request section? You really wasted your time and others with crap like this? Go troll some where else.