Number of simultaniously downloaded torrents

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Flynn

Number of simultaniously downloaded torrents

Post by Flynn »

Hello! I'm using transmission on my Zyxel NSA320 media-server and would like to download torrents one by one, when one is downloaded others are on pause and when active is finished next resumes auromatically/ Now I have to start it manually or download all at the same time. Thanks!
blacke4dawn

Re: Number of simultaniously downloaded torrents

Post by blacke4dawn »

Which version of Transmission are you using since in later ones (don't remember exact version) there is a queue system implemented?

That is that you can set a number of torrents (one in your case) to be downloaded simultaneously and any more added will be queued for later download.
Flynn

Post by Flynn »

Version is 2.77. It is installed in and works through Zyxel NSA320 media-server. There is no option to set number of downloads
Attachments
t4.png
t4.png (8.03 KiB) Viewed 14621 times
t3.png
t3.png (13.11 KiB) Viewed 14621 times
t2.png
t2.png (11.87 KiB) Viewed 14621 times
t1.png
t1.png (9.73 KiB) Viewed 14621 times
rb07

Post by rb07 »

Flynn wrote:There is no option to set number of downloads
Then use something like Transmission-Qt (with a remote session) to have access to all the settings:
Attachments
prefs.png
prefs.png (46.51 KiB) Viewed 14615 times
Flynn

Post by Flynn »

Mediaserver has own list of supported software, so I can not choose which torrent client to install.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

Flynn wrote:Mediaserver has own list of supported software, so I can not choose which torrent client to install.
You can also set it up so that you can connect remotely with another client, thus not being limited to Mediaservers supported ones.
Flynn

Post by Flynn »

Can not find config files on mediaserver :(
Flynn

Post by Flynn »

blacke4dawn wrote:
Flynn wrote:Mediaserver has own list of supported software, so I can not choose which torrent client to install.
You can also set it up so that you can connect remotely with another client, thus not being limited to Mediaservers supported ones.
How? All option that I have I posted above.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

rb07 wrote:Transmission-Qt (with a remote session)
In case that is not clear, its similar to the Web client which is the transmission-daemon itself, you just connect a remote client to the daemon, nothing has to be changed in the daemon side.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

You have to go in via a terminal session (ssh preferably). I do not know where Mediaserver keeps the config files for Transmission (if not at the default location) and it would most likely be faster to ask in Mediaserver's forums for that, since if they can't tell you directly they would be able to guide you in how to find them.

Technically speaking this is not a Transmission issue but rather a Mediaserver issue due to how they have packaged it for their own system.
Flynn

Post by Flynn »

rb07 wrote:
rb07 wrote:Transmission-Qt (with a remote session)
In case that is not clear, its similar to the Web client which is the transmission-daemon itself, you just connect a remote client to the daemon, nothing has to be changed in the daemon side.
Thanks! Transmission-QT worked great!