Completion sound.

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Nop

Completion sound.

Post by Nop »

Please add some method to adjust the volume of the completion sound, or at least add the option for the user to choose their own sound file.
Why? Because the default sound is so loud that with my PC set to a comfortable volume for everything else, the Transmission completed download sound is so loud that even with my headphones plugged in & sitting on my desk, I can hear it from the next room over. If I'm wearing them at the time, I just about have a heart attack. :^)
rb07

Re: Completion sound.

Post by rb07 »

What Transmission client are you using?

On Linux and using Transmission-Qt (Transmission-GTK is probably very similar on this) the actual sound played can be configured by editing the settings.json file (setting: "torrent-complete-sound-command"). The volume is not configurable in the application, but it should be in the command (i.e. the actual setting of the option), or in the desktop preferences if its a 'standard' notification sound.
Nop

Post by Nop »

@rb07: Yes, I'm running Linux (Ubuntu 13.10 + Gnome, specifically). Thanks for the info. Where would I find that config file?
(And I just checked my control panel, & it's not one of the listed alert sounds.)
rb07

Post by rb07 »

Nop wrote:Where would I find that config file?
Configuration Files

also read:

Editing Configuration Files
killemov

Post by killemov »

I'm implementing volume control in Shift as well.
killemov

Post by killemov »

killemov wrote:I'm implementing volume control in Shift as well.
Done.