File Move

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
axmatt

File Move

Post by axmatt »

Hi all -- sorry if this has been asked for before, did search bit didn't see anything.

Right, to what I'd love to see :)

Background - I have an SSD in my macbook and a 2TB external drive. Due to my broadband speed being 120Mb it's too jumpy to download directly to the external drive and takes a good old while to complete. My upload bandwidth is perfect over USB 3 however.

What I'm wondering is, would it ever be possible for Transmission to download the torrent to the SSD and once complete, automatically move the files over to the external hdd but continue to seed normally?

Many thanks in advance :)
blacke4dawn

Re: File Move

Post by blacke4dawn »

Yes, there is a feature to have torrents that are not yet fully downloaded in another folder, called incomplete-folder in the settings. just set the normal download folder to the USB one and the incomplete folder to the SSD.

Since you aren't saying what OS you are running nor how you are accessing it then I can't say exactly how to do it, but if you are use a graphical interface (not webUI) then it should be where you set the normal download folder.

BTW, this should have gone in either general or support, since it's not a request for a new feature.