Pause for a while feature

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
show.vars

Pause for a while feature

Post by show.vars »

Hello!
Very often I have been forced to pause a large download to free my internet or quickly finish a smaller download, but I always forget to resume this download.
I think, "Pause for a while" button will be very useful.

thx
rb07

Re: Pause for a while feature

Post by rb07 »

What you describe can be done better by using the queuing limit.
  • Lower download queue "max active downloads" to 1;
  • Pause the torrent you want to continue later;
  • Start the same torrent... it will start as queued, and really start when the other torrent finishes.
Other features of this procedure: By changing the (queuing) limit this can work with more torrents (i.e. 2 downloading, 1 waiting). The queue order can be changed.
show.vars

Re: Pause for a while feature

Post by show.vars »

rb07 wrote:What you describe can be done better by using the queuing limit.
  • Lower download queue "max active downloads" to 1;
  • Pause the torrent you want to continue later;
  • Start the same torrent... it will start as queued, and really start when the other torrent finishes.
Other features of this procedure: By changing the (queuing) limit this can work with more torrents (i.e. 2 downloading, 1 waiting). The queue order can be changed.
I mean "outside" of transmission downloads. For example, transmission installed on my router, and I whant to update steam. Of cource, I need stop all downloads in transmittion to quickly update steam, but I always forget to resume transmission downloads :D

Thanks for reply.