Please add time-based seeding rules

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
envoy510

Please add time-based seeding rules

Post by envoy510 »

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3779 is exactly what I want. The item was closed with this comment:
I agree this is a separate ticket from #1408 but don't see a lot of demand for this feature.

Please reconsider, because I've wanted this feature for years. There are many sites that require seeing for a minimum amount of time. I'm constantly forgetting about this rule, because I download from different sites, and I occasionally remove torrents before the time limit. If I could say "seed to a ratio of 1.10 OR 30 hours" I would be set.

Given the alleged code modification wouldn't be that hard (according to comments in #3779), what's the harm in offering this feature?
mtk

Re: Please add time-based seeding rules

Post by mtk »

+1 on this one.
it'd be a good idea to run the post-script only after seeding ends and not when download finishes...
TeNtaLGONAmY

Post by TeNtaLGONAmY »

I kinda feel bad for upvoting, but yeah, this is such an essential feature. I've wanted this for years and pretty much anyone I've talked to said that this missing feature is why they're not using transmission.
I've deleted torrents manually for many years now, but now I'm giving it one more try to appeal this feature to one of the devs.

Pretty please.
DaneeL

Post by DaneeL »

+1
'don't see a lot of demand for this feature.' -> how do you measure that?
As mentioned in the Trac ticket as well, it was closed 4 years ago and a lot has changed since then.
rustyeth3

Post by rustyeth3 »

+1.
It would be really helpful if there was a time limit of N days (configurable) on my torrents, starting the counting from torrent completion or creation (configurable), in addition to the seed ratio limit.