Torrent Availability balance system

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
marciofao

Torrent Availability balance system

Post by marciofao »

I have this idea from some time to now. Imagine if was possible to provide some kind of equality balance among torrents?
Some kind of system wich control the torrent availability and balance this need acording with the need of diferent torrents.
Something about ensure at least One perpetual source of every single file (maybe not all) and distribute the balance.
In case of movies, for example. If this system ensure the existence of every single existent movie in the history would be a great deal.
I think in some kind of voting system maybe. I know that the torrenting demand kind of do it by itself with a natural balance with the most requested files having more seeds, but maybe this new feature would be useful for some rare files.
I have plenty of space on my HD that I don't bother of sharing with the community. I would be happy in setting some kind of amount of my HD in order to improve the availability of torrents.
In other words, these set up amount of space would be used to store rare files or rare pieces of files.
I think the idea is let the torrent average availability (seeds) of any torrent above 1.0.
I don't know if such system already exists, if it does I would be great to know about it and start using it.