Stop kill my connection with DHT and PEX

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
juvann

Stop kill my connection with DHT and PEX

Post by juvann »

I trying transmission 2.84 in these days, but I have some problems with my upload bandwidth.
I have a DSL 20Mbps/1Mbps, while I download a torrent at about 1.5MB/s and upload it at 40KB/s, I have the upload bandwith saturation on my DSL router. I tried to lower the upload limit on transmission, without success. I applied a patch to transmission for disable the upload (0 byte upload) without success.
This saturation make many problems, the download speed is throttling from 0 to 1.5MB/s and also upload speed is not constant. So nothing is good.
I tried to disable DHT and PEX, I got the solution.
Now I can download the torrent at 2MB/s with about 66KB/s upload overhead, about 40KB/s for upload torrent (my patch was temporary just for test I'm not a lamer) and I have bandwith for other services.
So without DHT and PEX I have 2 improvement: avarage download speed is 1.9MB/s and is not thrlotting from 0, but from 900KB/s to 2.16MB/s.
My request is: can we limit bandwidth for DHT and PEX? Disable these service is a temporary solution. I would like limit it to about 2 o 3 KB/s

Thank you