the problem with the "Paused" category

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
gitman

the problem with the "Paused" category

Post by gitman »

The "Paused" category includes torrents which have been downloaded 100% and are no longer seeding, however, the status listed for these torrents is "Finished". There is already a separate "Finished" category. Why does the "Paused" category also include "Finished" torrents? Please change this. The "Paused" category should only list torrents that are <100% done and and not currently in a "Downloading" state.

transmission-gtk-2.84

Thanks
blinding

Re: the problem with the "Paused" category

Post by blinding »

Not sure why Transmission refers to these as "paused". They are STOPPED. They have no connections and are not transferring data. I.e. they are doing exactly the same as "finished" torrents. It should just label them as stopped and use the icon of a box instead of the ||.

uTorrent has a, not very useful, pause. All open connections are maintained but no data transfers. That is what I would refer to as paused. I have never found the uTorrent pause function very useful so I am not advocating adding it to Transmission.
tuxolero

Post by tuxolero »

What makes it even worse is that torrents listed in "Finished" are not "Finished" any more after transmission restart. Instead the are in "Paused". At least in transmission-gtk/Linux.
This could indicate that "Finished" is handled as something special that can not be stored in the .torrent file.
killemov

Post by killemov »

"Paused" simply means not active. In Shift this state is called "Stopped" and that is also what the rpc-spec says. I have never seen any torrent in the "Finished" state, but that is probably because of no seed limits.
alex80

Post by alex80 »

blinding wrote:Not sure why Transmission refers to these as "paused". They are STOPPED. They have no connections and are not transferring data. I.e. they are doing exactly the same as "finished" torrents. It should just label them as stopped and use the icon of a box instead of the ||.
Totally agree. Buy I would rename all of them as FINISHED.