Tab/Button to show only Uploading torrents

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
toss

Tab/Button to show only Uploading torrents

Postby toss » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:03 pm

In the tab buttons accross the top of the main window there's buttons to show only Active, Downloading, Seeding or Paused torrents.

I'd like an easy way to display only torrents that are currently Uploading.
I imagine such a button could sit next to the Downloading button quite happily.

mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Tab/Button to show only Uploading torrents

Postby mike.dld » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:19 pm

I'm afraid to get the answer, but does your Transmission look anything like this?

mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Postby mike.dld » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:39 pm

On a serious note, "uploading" is the same as "seeding". Are you talking about torrents which are *only* uploading, and not downloading at the same time? Otherwise I can't see why "seeding" isn't enough.

toss

Postby toss » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Mike.did - not sure what you mean in your first reply? If you're referring to my version, I'm running 2.84 (14306)

But yes, specifically I'd like a button for torrents which are *only* uploading. Or maybe a better way of describing that is torrents that are *currently* uploading (as they may be downloading too, if they're a freshly posted but slow torrent with a large swarm).

I seed many, many torrents, my Seeding list is in the 100s. But maybe only 1 or 2 at a time are ever being grabbed. When I see upload activity flickering in my dock icon, it's hard to see quickly in the list which ones it is that are uploading.

Return to “Requests”