REQ: allow change .torrent store dir

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Smitty

REQ: allow change .torrent store dir

Post by Smitty »

i'd like to store the .torrent and .resume files on another drive than C: on windows like d:\torrents\temp,

it makes resuming my downloads easier if reintalling windows on C: or even just restoring from a backup.
this way, less torrents lost. just point to that folder on the p2p hdd and verify then resume.

Could the devs please add a setting to move that folder from default in .json file ?

thank you
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: REQ: allow change .torrent store dir

Post by mike.dld »

No. But you already have at least two options:
  • there is a command line argument you could use to change whole configuration directory location: -g / --config-dir (supported by daemon and Qt and GTK+ clients)
  • you could move any directory to wherever you want and create a symlink to it in the original place
Smitty

Re: REQ: allow change .torrent store dir

Post by Smitty »

no, i already change a bunch of settings in the json file, might aswell make it simple for everyone and add a new path variable.

would be nice to store that too in the other folder. basically just install transmission on the p2p folder and use local folders instead of local account. it would be a choice in the installer like a lot of programs when you install them.

anyway, thanks