Request: suppress writing to files that are already downloaded 100% and not corrupted

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
tuxolero

Request: suppress writing to files that are already downloaded 100% and not corrupted

Post by tuxolero »

Hi,

I'm using a inotifywait-based script that waits for files to finish downloading. As soon as a file is renamed from [something].part to [something], the file is made readonly (chmod 440) and a shasum is created. Most times, that's not a problem, but it looks like sometimes, transmission tries to write to one of those files again, resulting the torrent to stop due to a "permission denied" error.

I think that there should be no write attempts on files that are already downloaded 100% and not corrupted.

I also would like to understand how this can happen at all. Yes, I know about the blocks and that a block can belong to two files. But when a file has completed, this means that all blocks already have been downloaded. And a maximum of two of the blocks contian parts of other files. But, as I said, they are already there. So why are there write attempts to downloaded files at all ?

Regards, tuxolero