Notification of Completed Torrents

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
tbtuserdude

Notification of Completed Torrents

Postby tbtuserdude » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:44 am

I use transmission on my unraid server, it would be amazing if there was a good way to get notified of a completed download.

x190

Re: Notification of Completed Torrents

Postby x190 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Does this mean viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18262&p=74587#p74575 has been resolved? If so, please post your follow-up solution there.
I use transmission on my unraid server, it would be amazing if there was a good way to get notified of a completed download.

Adapted from original here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18255#p74534

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
# Transmission torrent completion script

#################################################################################
# These are inherited from Transmission.                                        #
# Do not declare these. Just use as needed.                                     #
#                                                                               #
# TR_APP_VERSION                                                                #
# TR_TIME_LOCALTIME                                                             #
# TR_TORRENT_DIR                                                                #
# TR_TORRENT_HASH                                                               #
# TR_TORRENT_ID                                                                 #
# TR_TORRENT_NAME                                                               #
#                                                                               #
#################################################################################

# The file for logging events from this script
LOGFILE="/<your path to>/transmission-complete.log"

#                                 SCRIPT CONTROL                                #
#                               edit with caution                               #

echo "__________________________NEW TORRENT FINI _______________________" >> "$LOGFILE"
echo "Version de transmission $TR_APP_VERSION" >> "$LOGFILE"
echo "Time  $TR_TIME_LOCALTIME" >> "$LOGFILE"
echo "Directory is $TR_TORRENT_DIR" >> "$LOGFILE"
echo "Torrent Hash is $TR_TORRENT_HASH" >> "$LOGFILE"
echo "Torrent ID is $TR_TORRENT_ID" >> "$LOGFILE"
echo "Torrent name is $TR_TORRENT_NAME " >> "$LOGFILE"

chmod u +x and add to Transmission's settings.
The stone age didn’t end because we ran out of stones.
---The Great Disruption - by Paul Gilding
https://paulgilding.com/
-------------------------------------------------

killemov

Re: Notification of Completed Torrents

Postby killemov » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:14 pm

tbtuserdude wrote:I use transmission on my unraid server, it would be amazing if there was a good way to get notified of a completed download.

Depends on your definition of a good way. Shift has browser notifications and sound cues built in. For remote notifications use one of many scripts around that can be run when a torrent is done.
shift_shift.png
shift_shift.png (57.91 KiB) Viewed 55 times

Return to “Requests”