QNAP 4.3.3

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Andrewkha

QNAP 4.3.3

Post by Andrewkha »

Hi!

I used Transmission on my QNAP device for a long time and was absolutely happy with it. Now I upgraded my NAS to 4.3.3 firmware and no longer supports Transmission. Are there any plans to make Transmission available and working on 4.3.3? Thanks!
wasabi

Re: QNAP 4.3.3

Post by wasabi »

Same here. Any help will be appreciated. 64 bits transmission needed for upgrading to firmware 4.3.3
Andrewkha

Post by Andrewkha »

I solved it. Downloaded manually from http://www.qnapclub.eu/index.php?act=detail&qpkg_id=208
Default login/pass qnap
You can later change it via settings.json
ryan618

Post by ryan618 »

Andrewkha wrote:I solved it. Downloaded manually from http://www.qnapclub.eu/index.php?act=detail&qpkg_id=208
Default login/pass qnap
Hi~ Thanks for your post! Could you tell how to edit settings.json ? I can't find the correct way to edit it. Thanks!
Andrewkha

Post by Andrewkha »

Stop Transmission, edit values
"rpc-username"
"rpc-password"

And then start transmission
lilsez

Post by lilsez »

Hi Sorry having issues login in

What is the default username and password?

Thanks

Andrewkha wrote:I solved it. Downloaded manually from http://www.qnapclub.eu/index.php?act=detail&qpkg_id=208
Default login/pass qnap
Andrewkha

Post by Andrewkha »

Read carefully. qnap is the default login/password
lilsez

Post by lilsez »

:) I knew it was something in front of me that I was missing thank!!!

I have been struggling and frustrated with this new qnap firmware for a few days now this was the final fix.

Thank you again!
Andrewkha wrote:Read carefully. qnap is the default login/password
Shubus

Post by Shubus »

Could someone give me a hint as to where Settings are? This version is is quite different.
Diejeitor

Post by Diejeitor »

Shubus wrote:Could someone give me a hint as to where Settings are? This version is is quite different.

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QTransmission/etc/settings.json

First¡¡¡¡

Stop the QTransmission¡¡
aikideshi

Post by aikideshi »

Any idea when QNAP TS-431P will have a compatible Transmission client available? I tried Transmission and the one in the QNAP App Store. They both cause QNAP to hang with 4.3.3. So, no choice but to downgrade to 4.2.5 at the moment. Any ETA? Thanks.
aikideshi

Post by aikideshi »

Default login/pass qnap
I've tried this but it still crashes 4.3.3. I've gone back to 4.2.5. When will there be an update which will be compatible with 4.3.3? Thanks.
DocCaliban

Post by DocCaliban »

Hello, and thank you for the link to the installation package!

I have everything running, but I have two issues which are probably related.

1. If I change the user name and password from the default "qnap"/"qnap", none of the torrents can then connect to trackers. Switching it back makes it work again.

2. I log into my NAS with an admin account, but not the "Admin" account. It seems that Transmission is creating files as folders as "Admin", so I am not able to remove or change them without messing around with permissions. How can I get Transmission to use the other account?

Thanks in advance,

-Doc

EDIT: After further reading of the config file contents, it looks like changing the
"umask": 18, to "umask": 0, should fix it.
Wonk

Post by Wonk »

DocCaliban wrote:Hello, and thank you for the link to the installation package!

I have everything running, but I have two issues which are probably related.

1. If I change the user name and password from the default "qnap"/"qnap", none of the torrents can then connect to trackers. Switching it back makes it work again.

2. I log into my NAS with an admin account, but not the "Admin" account. It seems that Transmission is creating files as folders as "Admin", so I am not able to remove or change them without messing around with permissions. How can I get Transmission to use the other account?

Thanks in advance,

-Doc

EDIT: After further reading of the config file contents, it looks like changing the
"umask": 18, to "umask": 0, should fix it.
DocCaliban how were you able to get passed the torrents not connecting to the tracker? This just started happening to me recently.
Superdoc

Post by Superdoc »

I am new to Qnap, and I need help! Many Thanks.
I just bought a QNAP TS_451+ 2 days ago, but cannot find Transmission in the App Centre. I have been using Transmission with Synology 2-bay NAS before, and I want to move to 4 bay. It seems Qnap is much less user friendly than Synology.

I read that you can install manually " Downloaded manually from http://www.qnapclub.eu/index.php?act=detail&qpkg_id=208", but when I go to that link there is several file. Which one to use?

I have downloaded all of them, but can't find it from the manual how to install the program.
(I have tried to use the Qnap own download station, I can open the torrent, but after the whole day, the download is still 0 byte. Have I missed anything?)

Many thanks for any advise. I just to want to download from PT.

Regards

Superdoc