Automatically Add Trackers to New Torrents, Automatically Remove Dead Trackers, Blacklist for Trackers to Never Be Added

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
harley_lorenzo

Automatically Add Trackers to New Torrents, Automatically Remove Dead Trackers, Blacklist for Trackers to Never Be Added

Post by harley_lorenzo »

I feel like this is a very useful feature that certainly deserves a spot into Transmission. I would add this myself, since this is a FOSS project, but my programming skills, especially with GUIs, are not good enough. I can, however, provide the idea on how I think it should be introduced.

In the preferences menu, under networking, there should be a box that allows the user to put in a list of trackers that will be added onto each new torrent (we can't make it every torrent because if you tried to remove it on a torrent you didn't want that tracker to be on, it would just re-add it, so it would have to be only new torrents). The list has the standard add and remove buttons along with a way for users to select each tracker and also edit the URL.

Also, just an afterthought, but there should also be a selectable preference in the networks menu to automatically remove dead trackers and also a blacklist for trackers that will never be added onto a torrent even if specified by a .torrent file or a magnet link. The blacklist should be in the same spot as automatically add trackers list.