New Release

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Mychip

New Release

Post by Mychip »

Hi, a new release would be nice, it has been cca. 10 months since the last one, and many features has been added as code, for example the one I care about the most, dark mode for mac (+ I believe a dark interface would be welcome on all platforms)

I am not very familiar with open source app development, but it seems odd that the developers are sitting on features that have already been implemented.

(Please do not take this post as an attack, it is not my aim to offend anyone, I am just curious why aren’t there any releases)

Thank you,
Kevin
negativeions

Re: New Release

Post by negativeions »

I'm always surprised by this as well. You get what you pay for. It's free so... you can't expect much. Usually the devs are lazy or just don't care what anyone wants. Whenever they get around to it, they'll do it. In the mean time try to figure out how to build it, but you'll most likely have issues and nobody will want to help, or use utorrent... or qbittorrent, but even that has issues as that's another OSS app.