Torrent file should replace magnet

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
newacct

Torrent file should replace magnet

Post by newacct »

Currently, if I have a magnetized transfer, and I open a torrent file with the same hash, it just pops up an alert that tells me that "A transfer of *** already exists", and does not load the torrent metadata from the torrent file.

I believe that, since the point of a magnetized transfer is to get the torrent metadata, if I happen to open the torrent file for that torrent, it should replace the magnetized transfer with the torrent metadata from the torrent file, since we already have it so we don't need to get it anymore, and we can start downloading based on the torrent metadata.

Currently, one workaround is to manually delete the magnetized transfer with the same hash as the torrent file, and then open the torrent file, at which point Transmission will load the torrent metadata from the torrent file. But it makes no sense that I have to delete a transfer in order to be able to get the transfer to a better state (the state of having the metadata).
Kdobrev

Re: Torrent file should replace magnet

Post by Kdobrev »

I agree here.
killemov

Re: Torrent file should replace magnet

Post by killemov »

+1